"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Saturday, June 11, 2011

We received a letter and an e-mail from Elder Jolley today.  What a fun treat for us.  I thought I would share a couple of things from him.

Written on Wednesday night:

"Everything went good today. We were told that in our free time we had to write home to tell you we have a bed to sleep, a roof over our heads, and that we are breathing and not on a resperator.  It is 10 p.m. and has been a crazy day.  Right when I stepped into class after getting all of my books the teachers were in my face just speaking non-stop Spanish.  I didn't understand anything. . . .  I love you guys. Oh that's something else I have to get used to is not saying, man, guys, dude, etc. We have to say Elder."

Written today, Saturday:

Hey mom,

Everything is going great just Preperation day right now. So we get a half an hour to email while our laundry is going. Spanish is coming easier I guess. I mean I'm still having trouble with it but oh well I guess it will come sooner or later right?. . . .The food here isn't bad so I eat it and it is bad because its all you can eat. I normally just get one trey but then we go sit in class for like 3 hours so its not good. We only have 1 hour of gym but it is good to exercise a little. You should send me a Chilean flag we can hang from our ceiling.. . . Well anyways tell everyone I love them and hopefully I can write soon.
. . . .Well I love you guys. Have fun and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment