"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Monday, August 15, 2011

Hello from Los Muermos, Chile

 I stayed in a little old inn that night before traveling because we are the first generation of a brand new program that is in all missions now that is supposed to make it so after the first 2 combios or transfers you can be a trainer. It´s called the first 12 weeks. It´s a sweet program. And I kinda understand a lot and our lessons are going really good. But I am going to have to start taking charge in the lessons with this program. Which is ok. But it´s tough when no body understands you. But they are still going good. We live in a little old house in front of the Branch Presidents house and guess what? I´m the 2nd councelor in the Branch Presidency. Crazy right? It´s so nuts. It´s awesome here I love it but I haven´t seen the volcano yet or anything so maybe soon. It´s been cloudy and cold every day and it´s rained everyday. But not like way bad. So thats a good thing. Our house doesn´t have like a heater we get to roll around a little space heater from room to room. But it´s not too bad. My companion is Elder Richin from St. George Utah. He is awesome. He has been her for a year and a half. he leaves in January. He has taught me a lot. He is a good guy.  Puerto is about 2 hours south of Osorno and Los Muermos is about another hour East of Puerto. Well thats all by bus. If we had a car it would be faster. This program is a lot of work but we are taking her on. No baptisms yet but we are teaching this girl named Yessenia and she is 19 and married with a kid and her husband Juan. She was baptized like the Saturday before I got here. We are working on Juan still. But it´s close. We don´t have any dates yet but hopefully soon. We are taking a break today because we have traveled almost every day. so we are going to hang out today.

No comments:

Post a Comment