"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Happy in Punta Arenas

Happiness from Punta Arenas







Hey how is everything going?!

All is well with me. We have had a good week. Still just preparing Irene to get baptized the 23rd. And we had a little surprise. From our Zone Leaders!!! They have 2 investigators that are just amazing!! And they also have baptizmal date for the 23rd of this month. The same day as Irene. And these two investigators just moved into our ward!! And so we are going to have 3 baptizms that day!!! We are super excited!! So we met them last night. Fabiola is widowed and her son that is 13 Nicolas are going to get baptized. So we are super excited!! But we have had a great week. Just working hard to get these 3 people now baptized. That is whats going on right now. But we are fine. Had a good week. Oh and by the way his name is Elder Jorge Rojas. That is my companion. From Peru. I think his city is called Iquitos. It's next to the Amazon River. In the jungle. So it's funny. He is a good guy. He is 26 years old. He almost couldn't leave on his mission because of his age. But he is here. So that's all that matters. We have had a good week. Just the normal. Those 3 are our main investigators now. So we are excited.

P.S. the picture of me sweeping the snow. That's a chilean thing. They also wash their cars with brooms. It's weird right? But I'm a Chilean and so I had to do it.

So in 2 weeks we are going to leave to visit a place here in Punta Arenas as a zone. So in two weeks or three don't worry you'll definitely have pictures. And we are going to buy a shirt for the zone with all of our names on the back of it. So I'm excited to get that also. That is going to be awesome. But I love Punta Arenas. It's amazing here. I love the work and the people. Right now it isn't too cold. We are getting ready to go and play some soccer. So that is going to be fun. I'm pretty excited for that. This week has been kinda boring. I don't know what else to say. Except that I hit my 1 year mark. Wow not even funny how fast the time goes by. It's been so fast. And it is going to be even faster now. I know it will. That's always what I hear. It goes by faster. But come what may. I am doing fine. I haven't been suffering too much haha from the weather. I heard that the winter is going to be brutal here this year. In the past it's been calming down but I heard that this year is going to be bad. So I'm preparing myself now. But whatever I love it I'll do whatever I'm asked. But seriously the time does come around fast. It does feel like it's monday a lot. Like it's monday then the next day it's monday again. But whatever. I don't know. But wow mom that is so awesome about you and dad! Changin up the look with the hair and eveything!! That is awesome!! And visiting the world haha.

I'm glad that you guys are doing great!! With the family reunion and everything the reception. Send my congadulations to her and her family. To Sydney. That is cool. Good for her. But here in Punta Arenas I love being able to be with the other missionaries. Actually my Zone Leader, well one of them, is named Elder Crane. He is from Logan Utah and I love him to death. I found out an interesting fact from him. He went to Logan High and played Rugby and Lacrosse. I PLAYED AGAINST HIM!!!! And I didn't even know him. And worst of all he went to Logan. Remember their fans and parents and just dirty players? I hate Logan High haha. I told him that when I found out he went to Logan. I said "You played for Logan? I'm sorry." Haha it was funny. But he is awesome. Good kid. The food is great. There are a lot of stuff that we eat. But nothing like too bad. We eat a lot of potatoes and bread and everything. A lot of soup and meat also. But I haven't eaten any horse or anything weird yet. It's all been pretty normal. Thankfully haha. But if something comes my way I'll let you know what I've eaten. Our mamita is awesome. She is a wonderful lady who is a little sick and her kids are just lazy and don't do anything. But she is awesome. I will get her recept for empenadas from her. She has been looking at your recepts and I think she is going to cook something. Hopefully. But she makes empenada of meat, cheese and apple. I haven't tried the apple. But I love the meat and I love the cheese. I think I love the cheese empenada more. But I don't know they are both amazing. So we will see what happens.

Well I think that is about it for right now. Oh yea the Zone Conference. It was good. We had President Rappleye and Elder Corbrige down here with their wives. So that was awesome. That was my second time meeting Elder Corbrige. He is a good guy also. But yea I know that what I'm doing is the right thing to do. I am helping so many people in their lives and I love them all. But I love the Gospel and everything. I love all of you too. I hope everything is going well. I love you tons!!

Love,

Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment