"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Moving to Chaiten







Hey eveybody! How is it going?
 
I am doing well.   To start off your 20 questions that everybody is asking about Chaitén.. We had cambios Wednesday right? well we didn't leave until Thursday in the morning at 7. We were just hangin out in Pto. Montt. So our bus left at 7 in the morning and we didn't get to Chaitén until about 5-6 in the evening. But it was beautiful the ride. We headed out and were on the ride for about 1 hour or so then we came to the first farry. (I don't know how you spell it..) Then that was about another hour or so. Then we were on the bus for another 2 hours I think.. Then the second farry. That was a 4 hour ride. Then we got off and we were on the bus for like 30 min.-1 hour and had a 3rd farry ride for an hour about. Then the rest was bus. But it was awesome. On the 4 hour farry ride we got off. I took pictures and we just hung out. It is crazy. But it was awesome. So we made it.. Then yesterday for my first day in church.. We had 8 people including us. But it was strange because the weeks before they had like 25. That was the most that had gone before. But I don't know what happened. Last week they had 13. So I was informed wrong haha. But it's all good. I got there and I had to present myself and give like a 15 minute talk haha. But it's all good. I figured that we would be doing something like that. So another fun fact of the day. I am like a Preacher of another religion haha. We live in the church. It is just a little house and We live inside that house. It is separated in 3 parts. 1 part is our house. It's the biggest part. We have an upstairs and downstairs.. (I haven't taken pictures yet sorry.) And then we have the Sacrament room. It's pretty small. Then there is another part that is blocked off. That is were some lady lives. So we actually are probably the only missionaries that live alone with some lady. But her part is blocked off thankfully ha. No she is really nice. But yea that is our church. I'll take pictures soon. Oh and another cool thing about us is that we only go to church for 2 hours. Because we don't have sufficient to break off in Priesthood and Relief Society. So we don't have it. We have Sacrament Meeting and Sunday School. That is it. So that is pretty cool. Haha but we are working to get more members. But that is pretty much what is going on here in Chaitén. It is gorgeous. But we haven't been able to leave to take pictures yet. We were playing some basketball this morning. Just us two. There are only 2 of us here in this little town. 2 missionaries in about a days travel. Haha well by bus. But it's all good. It's fun. Oh and mom just so you know. I didn't get my package. Hopefully they will send it to us. The Zone Leaders should send it to us by bus and we just go pick it up when it arrives. But we will see about that. If not. I should get it at cambios. I think that Elder Villarreal and I will only be together 1 cambio. It is his 4th here and so he won't be with me to kill me then he would die here too. And he would be here for a long time. So when I go to get my new comp in a while I will probably get it if it isn't this cambio. But I hope that it's soon. So yea that is about what has happened. We are going to go buy some stuff soon and maybe take some pics. But don't worry we will be sending some soon. I promise. I have a couple from the 4 hour farry that I am going to send right now. But some from here in Chaitén will be soon also. We are doing well. It has been an adventure so far but it's been good. It's awesome here. I am loving it. I need to be better at writing in my journal though. I write but every once in a while ha. I've been bad and good during my mission. I'll do better I promise.

It is good to hear that everything is well with you guys at home. I'm glad that the Chili's give back went well. Well I hope that it went well. I am glad that everybody is healthy and happy and doing well. Sounds fun that you went to Tucanos. I've been there once. I went with Kory and some of the boys. It was good. I liked it a lot. But yea I hope that you are all doing well. I can't wait to hear from you guys next week. Sorry it's a little short and everything but I hope that it answers all your questions that you guys have. I am doing very well. You don't have to worry about me. Just pray that the volcano doesn't errupt again ;) haha just joking. It won't. It's cool to watch because it smokes and everything. But we are being protected. Don't worry. But thanks for everything. For the love and support. YOur all awesome and I love every single one of you! Have a great week and we will see you guys soon and hear from you soon too. Thanks for everything and the letters. Have a great week and day.


Un abrazo,

Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment