"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Leaving Beautiful Valdivia






Hey everybody,
 

So here is the news. I am leaving after 6 months here in the sector. So here is what is going down. Where I'm going is a new sector. It has been open for like 4-5 months. It's down in Puerto Montt, so yes in my mission I will have 6 sectors and 3 zones. But it is a place called Chaiten. What happened is there is a brief story. A couple years ago a volcano errupted and it was covered with ash. And now it's good. They had to take everyone out and everything. But now there is a little branch. It consists of about 5 members I've heard. So it will be fun. They now have a Branch President. So that is the good thing. But anyway I heard that we can't really do much contacts or anything. It is just a little place of about a 1000 people in population. So I have to travel to Puerto Montt and from there I take like an 8 hour boat ride. I think. But I'm really excited. I heard that they don't teach much but that we mostly do service. So we will see what happens. I can't wait to see how it is. I am going with an Elder from my group. His name is Elder Villarreal. I think he is from Bolivia. So there is number 3.But we will see what goes down. I'm super stoked. I am also being lowered from District Leader for this job. What I've heard is that President has dropped a lot of Elders to go there. He has dropped like 3 Zone Leaders to go to this sector. So It should be fun and good. I a really excited. I am sad that I am leaving this sector but it is for the best. I've been here forever. So it's all good right? I'll have lots of good experiences where I'm going. I haven't seen pictures or anything so you will have to look. I heard that it is beautiful. I hope that it is. I will probably be there for the next 3 months so hopefully it's not too ugly haha. But I think it will be great. So yea that is what is going on with my cambio. That is probably where I will be dying.


In other news we are doing well. The sector is good. Makarena came to church last week. But she said that after everything that has happened she doesn't want to get baptized. I don't know what happened but we can't force her. I don't know. But also Kena is really close. They will be getting some baptisms soon. I know that they will have success here. It really is a good sector. I love it a lot. I'm going to miss it. I don't know. But whatever. I will be good. I'm super excited for this next cambio to see what happens.

So everybody is doing well. Elder Trujillo got an emergency cambio like I said the last time. He went to Lanco. But he just got called as Assistant so he is in Osorno now. That is really sweet. I'm excited for him. And Elder Trejo was out and about today. He seems to be doing better. that is the good thing. I'm glad that he has been able to get out and walk and get some air a little bit. That is the important and also that he is feeling better. Because he is a good elder.


So F.Y.I. I just got a call from President Rappleye and he told me about this sector. He says that it is very different from all the other sectors. He said that I am going to make friends with the people make sure that they love the missionaries and don't think that we are going to pressure them but we are here to support and love them. So he said that my calling there will be a little different than before. He said that I just need to go and love the people and help them get their houses out of ash and everything. So we are going to see how it goes. I'm really excited now. He explained it and now I'm stoked. So yea..


But anyway we are doing well. It was a good week. We are going to enjoy the last couple days together and then I will be gone. I'm excited.


Dad is so funny. He has always been funny. I'm glad that he had a good birthday and that Adams birthday goes well too. I am glad to hear that everything is going well. Even though you are getting older. Haha no just joking. But anyway just a question.. Have you heard anything from the schools? Just a question.

 
I'm glad that everything is going well with you guys. I hope you have a great week. I will be in Chaiten next week when we talk but I love you guys tons. I hope that you have a great week and that you guys are safe and have a good week. Ha. But I am glad that I got your letters. I hope that everything goes well. And I'm very thankful for your support and love. Have a great week and I will be talking to you soon. I love you guys tons. Talk to you soon!!


Un abrazo


Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment