"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Monday, April 23, 2012

With Papito, Mamita and Paula

Some of our members


Hey how is everything going?!

Hey so I haven't done anything this day yet. We have been home and cooked food. And guess what I ate? My companion said it was Llama. But I don't know he said it was a different word but when I asked what it was he said it was Llama. But I believe him. But whatever. I also ate a little chicken liver in Natales. But the consistency was pretty gross that is the only problem. But today was good. Just the meat was pretty hard. But good. It has been a good week. Sorry for the pictures. They are good. But it's from when I left. But there are members. Papito is crazy so sorry about him. Haha. But yea I hope that they are good. And the picture of the zone. That is the best one that I got. Whoever took the picture didn't check before they pushed the button but whatever. But we have had a good week. I'm super excited to be here. The investigators that we have. (Which I haven't met all) But Elder Rojas told me that most of them know that the Book of Mormon is true and that we have a lot that want to get baptized. So that is what we are working with. I'm super excited!! I know that we are going to get some baptizms here. I love Punta Arenas. It has been a little cold but not too much. It started warming up a little bit. But it was a little cold. Elder Rojas didn't know how I did it, because he is from Peru. So it is very warm there. He isn't used to the cold. But I'm good with it. So I'm his "Mom" because I'm his 2nd companion. So right after his "Dad". Elder Abel told me that that is the system that President is using (well without our terms) but he said that after you are somebodys "Mom" that you are going to train and be the "Dad" so he thinks that after my time here with Elder Rojas that I'm going to train here. So we will see what happens with that. I don't know how I feel about that. But we will see. I'll do whatever.

But anyway we are doing great here. I don't know of anything that has been really excited to tell you guys. But we had a good week and we taught a lot actually. We had like 12 other lessons and 2 with member present. But we want the member lessons. Speaking of that wow Kris that is awesome!! You should keep helping the sisters out. I can't even describe the importance of members in the lessons. I never knew before but they are super important and help out a lot. I wish more left with us here and I know that we will get more and have more success with them. But I'm glad you went even though it was very nerve racking!!

So we have a total of like 16 missionaries here in Punta Arenas I think. 4 are sisters. But we have a lot. 4 are also in Puerto Natales and Por Venir. So we have a lot in the zone.

Wow everybody has been so busy. I have been too. I don't think you guys need to worry about not writting me. Just keep working hard for your family that is the important thing. I'm glad that Natty's Wish went well and I hope that the next 2 events go well also!! That would be awesome! And that everybody has a new job pretty much now! That is cool though. Super awesome. And that everybody is taking vacations now. Whats up with that? Just because I'm gone huh? You think that you can just go where ever you all want to. Haha but whatever I'm in PUNTA ARENAS!!! Haha take that.

Well I hope all is good!! I love you guys tons! I'm learning a lot with a latin so it's going great but yea I'm doing awesome! Don't worry about me. :) I know that what I'm doing is what God wants of me and that he is happy I'm here and blessing all of you. I know he will continue to bless you and he loves all of us. The church is true and we have a prophet. Well I love you guys. Have a great week.

 
Love,

Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment