"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Sunday, April 28, 2013






Hey how is everything going? We are doing really well. We had a good week. We are staying together. So I think that we had the emergency cambios because President didn't want to spend more money to come back here together and then have to travel 2 weeks later for the cambios. So he just changed us then. I think that the same thing will happen with me. We have Zone Conference this cambio so I think that I will be taken out instead of come back to Chaitén and then have to go back a couple weeks later. So I don't know what is going to happen. But we are doing well. This last week we were able to teach a little bit. We went out to a member who lives like 5 hours walking. He lives pretty far. But we hitchhike. A couple who has been in Chile and Argentina for almost a year picked us up in their old VW van. They are from Belgium so it was cool. They speak like 5 languages. They speak 3 native languages there. And they learned English from watching movies with subtitles because all the movies there are in English. So that was lucky for us because they didn't speak too much spanish. But the were cool. They were really nice. I enjoyed the short time that we were there with them. So then they dropped us off and we went to Santa Barbara and to the beach a little. We got some good pictures and videos of some seals that were playing around in the beach. So then we continued our trip to the members. It was a long trip. It took like all day for us to get there to his house. We got home at like 9. And that is because the Branch President came and picked us up because he wanted to visit them too. But it was a good trip. I enjoyed it a lot. Other than that we have had a good week. We have been talking to a lot of people but nothing yet with any investigators. We will find some soon. I know that we will. We weren't able to teach too much this week but it went well. Not too much rain. That was the good part. It was raining a little bit today but not much. So that was good. But we went to a beach a little bit south of where we are at. There wasn't too much to see there. Some old boats but other than that we just took a couple pictures. We are good though. A good week. We are going to hang out the rest of the day though. I don't know what else we are going to to. We are going to make some lunch though. That will be good haha. So yea we are going to have a good week. Sorry it's been kind of boring so there isn't much to say about our week.
 
So just a note about U of U and the ROTC. Elder Nuttall told me that ROTC is not the way to go. Yea it pays but he said that he wouldn't recommend it. He practically said it was Hell haha. So I don't know if that's what I want to do. I will see what happens. I'll think about it. I will let you know though. But hopefully everything goes well with U of U. I would love to go there. That would be sweet. Hopefully everything goes good. I don't know where those documents are mom. Sorry. I don't know what to tell you about that..

The cake we are going to bake it. I don't have anything to really make it with. Our oven is a wood stove. We have to keep warm with wood. So it is difficult to tell the temperature of what I am cooking. I am going to talk to the mamita to see what she can do to help us. She always makes cakes so we will see. But anyway I still have it for now. But not for too long. I will be doing it. 

So other than that I hope that I have answered your questions ha. Sorry it's kinda short. I'm out of time. But I love you guys tons. Have a great day and week. I hope that everything goes well. I will talk to you guys next week. I'll let you know of any changes that might happen don't worry. I love you guys tons. Have a great week.

Un abrazo,

Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment