"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

More from Chaiten





So this wonderful scripture case came in a package from Southern Chile.  We were so excited to see the young man standing with Captain Moroni on the front.  The wonderful talents of the people of Chile!












 
Hey how is everything going? 

Hopefully everything is going good with everybody. I have had a good week. We were able to go today and take some good pictures and also I was able to write some letters to a couple of people that I have recieved recently because I get mail so little here. When we go to Pto. Montt and we see the Zone Leaders. So haha I have been writing a little bit. But it was a good day. We got some good pictures and everything. I enjoyed the day. But we were able to go to a Lighthouse that we have here in Chaitén and so it was cool. We were trying to find a lagoon that some people told us about. But we have to ask permission to go because the entrance is inside of a fence where somebody lives. So we are going to do it next week. But it was good. We will do it. I didn't even know that there was a lagoon here. So it will be cool to go. But that was our day until now. My comp slept a little bit but I was writing. I don't know when I am going to be able to send those letters. When I go to Pto. Montt. Maybe right before I leave Chile hahaha. But whatever. If that's how it goes then that's how it is going to be. But yea. It's been kind of a boring day. Well not boring but just that we didn't do too much. Now we are writing haha. But yea thanks for all the letters that I recieved. And Mom, I did recieve the picture. he is a cute little guy. I'm glad that everything is ok with him and Kourt. Send my love. And Mel, thanks for the video. I was able to see it. he is big now. I can't believe he is so big. Well it's because I don't know him but it doesn't seem that long ago that you told me he was born. It's just weird. I guess it's just that the time goes so fast here. It's weird to think that I have a little more than a month. It has just flown. But I am finishing strong. I don't ever really think of home so don't worry about me haha. I am focused and everything. Don't think that I'm trunky and just want to come home. Haha. Just so you know.
 
But anyway hey mom when is the convention? I would love to go. I just have to know because Diek told me that one of our friends is getting married like the 12th or 15th of June. I would like to be there if it's possible. I don't know what do you think?  If it is going to be after the 20thish I would love to go. I don't mind. I just would like to be there for my bud who is going to be getting married. But you can go ahead and buy me a ticket. That would be cool if you want to. 
So yesterday was good I guess haha. We had 8 people in church including us. It was raining and there were not too many who showed up. I guess they all have there excuses but whatever. The earliest to show up was the Branch President. And he showed up at like 10:20ish. He said he had something to take care of. But I can't judge anybody right? I don't know. But yea it was good. I had to give the class from Pres. Lorenzo Snow. It was good. We just got the class and started so I gave class number 1 haha. But it was good. 
So I don't know why we had Emergency Cambios. Probably to save money and I had a thought come lately and a couple dreams haha that I was going to be leaving this sector this next week and I will die in another sector. But I don't know. I can't say that it will happen. But Elder Vasquez says that we will see what happens next week. To be able to see why we had the cambios. Because he doesn't know why we had them either. So it is just kind of strange. We will see. If nothing happens this next week it was to save money so that we didn't have to travel again 3 weeks after we did. But I don't really know. I'll let you know next week though so that we all know. But the boat that we took there are seats like recliners. It was a different boat than the boat with the benches. So we were able to sleep a little bit. But now much. It was still uncomfortable. Having to sleep there 2 nights in a row. But whatever. It was fun, worth the experience right? haha. It was awesome. Something that I'll probably never do again so it's ok. 
Thanks for your love and support that you always give me. I hope that you have a great week. I can't wait to hear from you next week. The time is going so fast. I don't know where this last week. But I know that the Gospel is true and that we are a forever family. I have no doubt of a Prophet who loves and guides us. I have a great testimony of this work now. A lot bigger than it was at home. I love the Gospel. And am grateful for the things that it teaches. I love you guys tons. I will be talking to you next week. Thanks for all that you do. And for your love and support that you all give to me. I hope that everything goes well this week. Have a great day and week. 

Un abrazo,
 
Elder Tyler Jolley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment