"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Monday, April 29, 2013

Hello from Chaiten



Hey there,

How is everybody doing? I am doing really well. We had a good week. Well it ended good. We had a normal week until about Friday. We had a service activity in the church and it turned out that nobody showed up.. It was pretty lame but whatever. It happened already. But President Uribe did show up a little late but it's all good. At least he showed up. So we started the 2 and we cleaned a bunch of ash from the volcano out from underneath our house. So that served for us. It turns out that ash can corrod the wood. (Sorry I don't know how to spell it). So we cleaned out as much as we could. Then when President Uribe got there we put in the cannon or the fireplace thing that we have for the room where we hold our meetings. So that was good so that we could have a little bit of heat for the members when they show up and they aren't too cold. And then we took advantage of going with President to the old church to take off the sign and we put it on our house/church. So now we are officially there. So that is good to have that up and everything. So after the activity we went to Edon (a supermarket where we buy pretty much everything). We were going to get a little snack because we had been working. There was a man there and he said hi to us and said he was meeting with the missionaries in Pto. Varas and also in Pto. Montt. He is origenally from Santiago but he is working down here. His family is up in Santiago. He almost got baptized before but some stuff happened with the family like his kids pulled the plug to the baptismal fount and all the water emptied out. Well long story short. He is here and he came to church yesterday and now he has a baptismal date for the 25th of may but he will be ready before then. He is prepared and he wants to follow the Lord and everything. He is a good guy. Actually today we went with him, because he doesn't really have too much, we went fishing. So that was cool but we didn't get anything. It was really cold and the tide was coming in and everything. Like it was a good day but we just didn't get anything. It was pretty bad but oh well. And we are going to meet with him later today and watch a movie or something. But he is good. 


So just so you know mom. I don't even remember writing that in the MTC. I think I remember a little bit but not too much.. Haha but that is awesome that Eric found it. That is pretty sweet.

So that is pretty cool about all the missionaries that we have in our ward. There are a lot. That is awesome that we have so many and that we are recieving the blessings of missionary work. Hopefully more and more get called. Even though we are getting to the point where a lot are going to be returning home. But more will be called. I'm thankful for the time and oppurtunity that I have had to serve and help out my bretheren here. I've learned so much. It's been amazing. 

I'm glad that everything is going well with Scott Kourt and the boys. Hopefully with the new little sweet baby everything is well in there house and they are having a good time. 

So anyway what was Kari Hall hoping that I could do to work for her? I am looking for a job haha. But I don't know what my schedule will be that is the thing.. That's the only bad thing. But just keep a watch out. I really wanted to try to go to the shop too. I want to see if I am still welcome there haha. Well Dylan said that wherever he is at he would have a job for me.. So I want to see if that is true haha. But I don't know. We will see what happens. If I go to Salt Lake I could talk to Bob. There is a shop is Salt Lake too. I don't know haha. 


Well thanks for everything. Thanks for writing and everything. I hope that you guys have a great week and that everything goes well. I am doing well here and having a good time. We are taking advantage of everything we can. It is tough when the time is going by so fast. It is speeding up right now. I don't even know where the last week went. It is crazy. It's going so fast. And if this cambio goes as fast as the last did... It will feel like I'll be seeing you in like 2 weeks. I don't know haha. 

 
Well I love you guys so much!! I hope that you have a great week and that you can do everything that you need to do! I know that the Gospel is true and that we are doing the Lord's work here in Chaitén. We are recieving a lot of blessings with Waldo. (That's the name of our investigator with a date). He is humble and just a good guy. Well I love you tons. I'll be talking to you soon!!! Have a great day and week.

Un abrazo,
Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment