"Yea, and that same God did establish his church among them; yea, and that same God hath called me by a holy calling, to preach the word unto this people and hath given me much success, in the which my joy is full." - Alma 29:13

Monday, May 6, 2013

Hello from Chaiten

Hey how is everything going?

I am doing really well. We had a good week. It went by really fast. Like the other weeks before. I don't even know where it went to. It's crazy how fast that week went. And that it's already Mothers Day. That is nuts too. But We had a good week. We were able to attend church and Waldo also came. He now has 2 attendances and is really excited to be baptized. He is a good guy. He even bore his testimony yesterday and everything. He is having a bunch of experiences. Like he hasn't had work and he left one day asking that God would give him work. He got to Centro and one guy talked to him about working for that company for 4 years and so he walked a little bit farther and then a guy offered him a job for 20-25 days. But he started today for the company. So he got work. He was also praying the other day about if God would let him know if the church is true and if Joseph Smith was a Prophet and he said he got a warm feeling and knew that it was true. He is progressing a lot. It's awesome. He was a miracle that we found. We haven't really done too much but he is just progressing through the roof. It's amazing watching him. He is the easiest investigator that I have had in my mission. It's kind of strange that I found him here in Chaitén. Just because the work here is a little different. But it's all good. He is a good guy. We have our fingers crossed for the 18th. He could do it then but his baptismal date is for the 25th. We will see what happens. 

That was pretty much our week. Nothing too exciting has happened just that but it's all good. So anyway today we arent' going to be doing anything. It's really cold and we woke up today and it was raining so hard. Yesterday there was a bunch of rain and it was so windy. I don't know how fast the wind was but it was nuts. So we are going to see what happens today. But I doubt that we are going to do anything. Oh and also mom just so you know, it is so green here. It has not changed colors. I don't know why it hasn't but it is still so green. No orange nor red leafs. That's the crazy thing. I don't know what is going on here. But it's still gorgeous here. It doesn't change anything that it's green. But I am ready for it to stop raining. That's one thing that I'm excited for. And that it won't be so cold. But We are doing well. It's been a good week and a great sector. 

Oh mom just so you know it will probably be better to talk in the afternoon. Sorry I totally forgot that it was this Sunday. They haven't given us any of the announcments. So this Sunday it will probably be better to talk in the afternoon. Because we don't know when there will be an internet open. This one will be closed so we are going to have to go talk with Eduardo to see if he can open his place to let us talk. Because he is closed Sundays too. So that is the problem. Because we haven't heard anything from our leaders we haven't planned anything. We are going to try for 6 p.m. here. I will go and talk to him to see if he will open it just for us so that we can skype. He will do it he is a good guy. But sorry we haven't planned anything. But let's plan for 6 here and so I think it's 4 your time. But I will let you know if there are any changes. 

Oh also I will make sure to call the office to see what's going on with my flight. I know your worried but there is not need to worry. Don't stress it haha. Everything will be alright. I will be home mom ha. I'm not going to be stuck here forever. 

That is so cool about the scholarship's that you are doing. That is a great experience and oppurtinity for the people who recieve them. That's awesome mom.

Other than that we are doing well. Nothing too new has happened. Just everything that I wrote. The time is just flying by. I can't believe that that week is gone now. But you know stuff happens. Well I love you guys tons!! Have a great week. I hope to hear from you soon and I'm excited to talk this next week. Have a great week and hopefully lots of blessings come your way. I love you guys.



Un abrazo,



Elder Tyler Jolley

No comments:

Post a Comment